This air fryer frozen cauliflower recipe is so easy to make and a delicious snack or vegetable side dish. Perfectly seasoned and crispy on the outside, your frozen cauliflower is cooked and ready to enjoy in less than 15 minutes.
Cauliflower has been through it in the last decade. It’s been turned into rice, used as a vegan replacement for chicken wings, and made into a pizza base – you name it, it’s been there. This humble vegetable really does do it all – and I’m here for it!
However, sometimes the best cauliflower recipes are the most simple. This air fryer frozen cauliflower recipe packs a punch with a spice-filled rub resulting in perfectly seasoned, crispy cauliflower with minimal prep required. Dip it for a snack, or serve it as a tasty side for dinner.
Similar recipes you might also like include these frozen roasted green beans, these honey garlic carrots, or this simple medley of green beans and carrots roasted until tender and crispy. I also recently published this air fryer potatoes recipe with the most insane herby tofu dip!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s very easy to make and beginner-friendly
- Only simple ingredients required
- A delicious and flavor-packed side dish
- Air fryer not essential – you can use an oven instead if needed
Ingredients You’ll Need
Here are all the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe – scroll down to the recipe card for the exact quantities required along with instructions for making the recipe. I’ve also included some potential substitutions in the section below in case you can’t find something.
- Frozen cauliflower: You should be able to buy frozen cauliflower from any major retailer.
- Olive oil: Olive oil adds the best flavor to this recipe, in my opinion. You could also use rapeseed oil, or vegetable oil.
- Seasonings: The seasonings I used for this recipe are smoked paprika, turmeric, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
If you can’t find something listed above, here are a few substitutions that could work:
- Other seasonings that work well are a little nutmeg, mustard powder, onion powder, oregano, chili powder, curry powder, or cumin powder.
- Other vegetables to add in addition to the frozen cauliflower could be broccoli (the obvious choice), frozen green beans, or corn on the cob.
- Use fresh cauliflower instead of frozen if that’s all you can find! It still works great in the air fryer and actually might be done a little quicker – you just need to chop the cauliflower into florets first.
How To Make Air Fryer Frozen Cauliflower
The recipe card at the bottom of this page includes the full instructions along with the exact ingredients you need for this recipe. Here’s an overview of how to make this recipe along with some process photos.
As a quick overview, this recipe is one of the most beginner-friendly recipes you’ll find! Simply mix frozen cauliflower with olive oil and your seasonings of choice, and then place in the air fryer for 15 minutes.
Step 1) Add your frozen cauliflower to a large mixing bowl. If there are any particularly large chunks, try to break these up.
Step 2) Add your seasonings and olive oil to the mixing bowl, and ensure each cauliflower floret is fully coated.
Step 3) Add the seasoned frozen cauliflower to your air fryer basket and try to spread them out evenly. Air fry your frozen cauliflower for 15 minutes at 200C | 400F, flipping halfway through, until the cauliflower is crispy and golden brown.
There isn’t much that can go wrong with this simple air fryer frozen cauliflower recipe, but here are a few expert tips to help you get the best possible result:
- Make sure you really stir the cauliflower with the seasonings to ensure every part of it is evenly coated before you cook it.
- Spread the frozen cauliflower evenly in the air fryer basket and take care not to overcrowd your air fryer. Putting too much cauliflower in the air fryer at once will prevent the cauliflower from going deliciously crispy. If you only have a small air fryer, cook the cauliflower in batches if you prefer.
Cooking Frozen Cauliflower in the Oven
If you’ve landed on this page and don’t actually own an air fryer, fear not! You can still cook deliciously crispy cauliflower in the oven. Simply follow all the steps above but preheat your oven to 200C | 400F and line a baking tray with baking paper before cooking your frozen cauliflower for 25 – 30 minutes.
What To Serve with your Air Fried Cauliflower
This air-fried cauliflower can make a tasty snack or appetizer served with a garlic and herb dip or sweet chili sauce.
Alternatively, you could also serve it as a side dish alongside other recipes such as:
Storing Leftover Cauliflower
If you have leftover cauliflower after cooking, simply leave it to cool and then store in an airtight container and refrigerate for 3-5 days. You can eat it cold, or reheat in the air fryer or oven for 5-10 minutes until it’s warm.
While you can refreeze cooked frozen cauliflower, I wouldn’t recommend it for the recipe. It changes the texture of the cauliflower and no amount of reheating can help regain that crispy texture.
Can you put frozen vegetables in an air fryer?
Yes, the majority of frozen vegetables can be cooked in an air fryer! Beyond this frozen cauliflower recipe, other frozen vegetables you could cook in the air fryer include green beans, mixed vegetables (sweetcorn, carrots, peas), and frozen broccoli.
How do you keep frozen cauliflower from getting mushy?
I actually think cooking your frozen cauliflower in the airfryer is the best way to ensure it doesn’t get mushy when cooking it. However, if you’re not using an air fryer, make sure you preheat your oven before adding your cauliflower. Another great tip is to make sure it’s evenly spaced
How long does it take to cook frozen cauliflower in an air fryer?
This air fried frozen cauliflower recipe takes about 15 minutes to cook. You can add another five minutes for extra golden and crispy cauliflower, but I find 15 minutes to be that perfect sweet spot!
What air fryer to use for this recipe?
I have this Swan Retro Air Fryer (which they kindly gifted me in return for a social post in 2023) and I love it. It looks great and has a relatively big basket for cooking snacks like this. However, any air fryer will work for this recipe.
- 400g / 14z frozen cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 0.5 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt and pepper to taste (~1tsp)
- Place the frozen cauliflower in a large mixing bowl and add the oil and seasonings.
- Stir to ensure each frozen cauliflower floret is fully and evenly coated in the spice mixture.
- Place in your air fryer basket, ensuring the cauliflower is spaced out evenly on the basket for optimal crispiness.
- Air fry at 200C | 400F for 10-15 minutes until the cauliflower is cooked, golden, and crispy on the edges.
If you have leftovers, allow the cauliflower to cool and then store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. Enjoy cold, or reheat in the air fryer or oven for 5-10 minutes.
You could also use fresh cauliflower for this recipe. Cut a whole cauliflower into florets and season in the same way. Cook in batches to avoid overcrowding your airfryer.
If you have a small airfryer, the amounts listed above may be too much. Either reduce the amount of cauliflower you use, or air fry in batches to ensure the cauliflower can get sufficiently crispy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 88Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 90mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information is not 100% accurate.