This vegan sheet pancake is a favourite with both myself and my little one, making the perfect baby-led weaning breakfast recipe.
Egg-free and dairy-free, this vegan blueberry sheet pancake is deliciously fluffy and free from added sugar.
Baby-led weaning vegan sheet pancake
This recipe is great for any parents doing baby-led weaning. The pancake fingers are easy to hold and make a great breakfast.
I’ve given my little girl pancakes from about 9 months old, and even now she loves these pancake fingers with yoghurt and fresh fruit.
How to make vegan sheet pancakes
This vegan sheet pancake recipe is great for bulk cooking, as you can make over 20 pancake fingers and freeze batches for later.
You’ll start off by preheating your oven and lining a baking tray with parchment paper. Then, you’ll combine the following ingredients:
- Oat milk (almond or soy milk also works)
- Self-raising flour
- Ground flax seeds or chia seeds
- Baking powder
- Plant-based yoghurt
This recipe is ready in around 20 – 25 minutes after baking in the oven. Insert a skewer into the pancake and if it comes out clean, it’s done.
You could change this recipe by:
- Swapping out blueberries for raspberries, strawberries, or even chocolate chips for an added treat
- Adding in some oats/ground oats (you might need to adjust the flour ratio)
- Cooking the mix in a pan like traditional pancakes
Other baby-led weaning breakfasts
My little one and I also love to share these recipes for our breakfast:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 250ml plant-based milk
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground flax seeds or chia seeds
- 1 spoonful of yoghurt
- Handful of blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 180° C | Gas Mark 5 and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Mash up the bananas with a fork and mix in the flax seed and milk.
- Add the self-raising flour and baking powder and gently combine, then stir in the yoghurt and blueberries
- Pour the batter into your lined baking tray and bake for 20 - 25 minutes until the pancake is golden on top and a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- Allow the sheet pancake to fully cool before removing it from the baking tray.
- Cut into slices and either serve immediately or store in the fridge or freezer.
This vegan sheet pancake will last up to 5 days in the fridge, and will freeze for up to 3 months.